Saturday, March 28, 2009

Home Again!

We spent the last week up at my dad's going through and packing up my mom's stuff. We managed to get everything accomplished that we had planned. We brought home some pictures and other things that I still need to sort through and put away. Among the things I found(and brought home)while going through mom's stuff includes:
- the dress my mother was christened in and my sister was dedicated in
- my "choo-choo" dress which was the dress I wore on the train when going to modeling jobs in New York
- a bonnet that was my mother's and both my sister and I wore
- several (4 or 5) pairs of baby shoes that were Eileen's and mine.

We had a good trip back home Friday with the trip taking just a little over 12 hours. However, the weather was miserable (pouring rain) almost from the time we left Tennessee until about 2 hours north of home. We were very happy to get home and be able to turn off the windshield wipers!

Yesterday was the Celebration of Life service for a dear friend of ours from church. From the time he was diagnosed to the time he went home, was just a little over a month. Prior to that he was the picture of health. We will miss him.

After getting home, the pool was "calling our names." The pool temp was 92 degrees and felt wonderful! It was very windy yesterday, so we spent some time vacuuming and cleaning the pool. However, it was very pleasant to be in the pool while cleaning instead of cleaning it standing on the patio!

We're planning a trip over to Disney either Monday or Tuesday to see more of the Flower and Garden Festival. The rest of the week is normal activities.

No comments: