Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Long Overdue Post

It's been so long since I've posted, I don't really know where to start. The biggest occurence since I last posted is my mom died Christmas Day. We got a call from my dad December 22nd that they had put my mom on a BIPAP the previous night(she had been in the hospital for 4 weeks). We immediately left for Tennessee and when we got there, we went straight to the hospital. Mom didn't know who I was at all. She was conscious but then lapsed into a coma that night and didn't regain consciousness at all. We stayed with my dad until the 30th and then headed home. Dad came down for an extended visit with us January 18th. He left for home February 14th. While he was here, we went to Disney 2X, Sea World, and Fantasy of Flight. There were only 2 days the month he was here that something wasn't scheduled.

I am leading Beth Moore's "A Heart Like His - Seeking the Heart of God" at church on Thursdays. There are 2 sessions - one in the morning and an identical session in the evening. An average of 10 ladies attend each session.

Yesterday, we went over to Disney's Magic Kingdom to ride Space Mountain and the WEDway People Mover. Both are being taken down for refurbishment April 19th and we wanted to ride them once more.

In my spare time, I am working on my scrapbooking. The project I am working on right now is our Disney trip with our son, daughter-in-law and grandsons last May. I've gotten 45+ pages done, but still have many more to go.

This week is shaping up to be busy. Monday, we have tickets for the Harlem Globetrotters. We've never seen them in person, so it should be fun! Tuesday night is band practice (more on that in another post) and Wednesday we're taking my aunt to the doctor's and then shopping. Thursday is Bible study and Friday we're driving over to Orlando to meet our nephew and his family for dinner.

1 comment:

Edith said...

I was beginning to think you'd given up on posting. Glad to see you back - and that you had a good visit with Grandpa.

Have a great day.