Saturday, November 24, 2007

Cruise 4




Tuesday morning we woke up in port at Calica, Mexico. What a disappointment! We were anchored so we could walk off the ship, but it was obviously an industrial port, not a commercial port. Calica itself was 10 miles from the port. Again, Dan did not want to leave the ship and I was in complete agreement. We did leave the ship long enough to take pictures of the ship. As people came back to the ship from going ashore, we knew we had made the right decision. No one had anything good to say about Calica - "dusty, dirty, sleazy" were some of the adjectives used to describe the town. One tour that sounded interesting was a tour of the Mayan ruins. However, people who took this tour said it was 65 miles over Mexican roads each way.

I am so glad we didn't leave the ship. We spent the day walking around the ship, taking pictures of the beautiful, crystal clear aqua water and enjoying the quietness on board. We cast off at 6:00 PM and started heading northeast toward Tampa. The seas were the roughest they had been the entire cruise. It was absolutely impossible to walk a straight line. I felt like a pinball ball - stagger to one side bounce off, stagger to the other side - we were laughing so hard. People were saying they were staggering like drunks but drunks were the only ones who could walk a straight line!

We would be at sea the whole next day. Again, classes would be held from 8:00 - 3:30. Our first class we made cute little gifts that could be used for teachers or someone else you wanted to remember. The second class (which I skipped again) was a holiday organizer. The third class was another album which I finished but I really don't care for it. The last class we made a hostess tray that incorporates an mini album. I finished that after we got home.

In the evening, we had our group farewell party. I had thoroughly enjoyed being with 50 other scrapbookers and I've learned new techniques. Whether I ever use them again is a good question.

I will summarize the cruise in my next entry.

No comments: