Saturday, November 24, 2007

Cruise 2





Sunday morning I woke up about 7:00 AM (with the help of an alarm clock) and headed to class which started at 8:00. Dan and I figured we would eat after my first class. Classes were scheduled back to back from 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM with an hour for lunch and a 15 minute break between classes. However, our "head instructor" let us know up front that she knew there were other things to do on board and she would not be offended at all if we skipped some of the classes. I wound up skipping the second class both days (it ran from 9:45 - 11:15) so I could have breakfast with Dan. Sunday, our first class was making a darling gingerbread recipe book (see pictures). The second class was making a clock (this was the one I skipped). I did pick up the supplies and hopefully will be starting to make it soon. The third class was making a "Thankful" photo album. I didn't care for this project at all and in fact, still haven't finished it. The last class of the day was making a Christmas page layout (which again I haven't finished or in fact, even started!). Again, I skipped this class to spend time with Dan topside to watch the water go by (we spent all of Sunday traversing the Gulf of Mexico and cruising into the Caribbean Sea). I also spent time studying for Bible study since we were going to disembark at 7:30 Thursday morning and Bible study starts at 9:30. I had arranged for someone else to lead Bible study, but I wanted to be there since it was our last session in this course ("Jesus the One and Only").

The rest of Sunday, we spent topside enjoying cruising and exploring the ship. We went to bed and were rocked to sleep by the motion of the ship plowing through 8-12 foot seas. We were very thankful that neither one of us gets seasick.

No comments: