Friday, August 31, 2007

Sad (but rejoicing) days

Uncle Len died Tuesday morning at 9:55 AM. I am sad that he's gone, but know I will see him again. He was so ready to go. For the last year or so he just wanted to go to sleep and not wake up.

Leonard and his daughter Cheryl flew down yesterday to start cleaning out Uncle Len's room at The Shores. They are mainly going through his file cabinet and shredding stuff as well as going through his clothes and deciding what can be given to Goodwill and what just needs to be thrown away. They will finish cleaning out his room when they're down here in two weeks for his memorial service. We've enjoyed spending time with Leonard and Cheryl the last two days. We've gone out to dinner together and enjoyed sharing our memories of Uncle Len.

Other than that, nothing much is going on. Wednesday night was choir. Kevin feels we are ready to start singing this Sunday. We'll see how it goes.

I've managed to get the scrapbook pages for Discovery Cove done. It is so nice to look back at the pictures and remember the good time we had.

I've started studying (prepping) for Bible study which starts next Thursday. Praise the Lord we have 20 ladies signed up - 10 in the morning session (9:30 - 12:00) and 10 in the evening session (6:30 - 9:00). Each time I've facilitated a Bible study, the numbers increase. This is the largest group so far. I think the Lord knew that if I started out with a total of 20, I would have backed out!!! He's been gradually increasing the numbers allowing me to feel comfortable in a role that is DEFINITELY outside my comfort zone. All credit and praise belongs to the Lord!!

No comments: