Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A relatively slow start to January

Things have been very quiet down here up until this week. We didn't have choir rehearsal or Bible study so we've had many days where we didn't even leave the house. Even our Wednesday shopping excursions with Aunti Vi have been a "no-go" because of the "cold" weather (one day the low was around freezing and the high in the upper 40's). She didn't want to go out and didn't need anything.

However, as of this week, our schedule is getting back to normal. Monday we drove up to the Lifeway store in Brandon to pick up books for Bible study. We also went to the most awesome kitchen store "Rolling Pin Emporium" (www.rollingpinonline.com). It beats out any kitchen store I have ever been to including Williams-Sonoma and Sur La Table. They also offer a wide range of cooking classes. Dan and I are going to take one on "knife skills" the 25th. It should be fun. Before we drove up to Brandon, I had my bi-annual eye exam. Everything is fine but I do need new glasses. I haven't had new glasses in 4 years since up until now, my prescription didn't change enough to warrant the expense of new glasses. Driving up to Brandon though was NOT fun. With my pupils dilated, I couldn't focus on anything - very strange feeling. However, my eyes finally got back to normal by about 9:00 Monday night.

Tuesday I worked on getting some scrapbooking done and preparing for Bible study. The pictures I scrapped were from Chistmas of 1997. It was fun finally getting them done! I have lots of current pics to scrap, but it's fun doing the older ones too.
Wednesday was our normal. We took Aunti Vi shopping in the afternoon and then choir in the evening. It felt really good to be back in choir. We started learning our Easter cantata which we will present 2X on Sunday morning and 1X Saturday night. Thursday was Bible study. We started Beth Moore's "A Woman's Heart - God's Dwelling Place"- a study of the Old Testament tabernacle. We have 15 ladies for the morning session and 12 in the evening. Friday, we had a quiet day which I was very grateful for. The day after Bible study I am totally exhausted.

Saturday too was another quiet day. We didn't leave the house from the time we got home from Bible study Thursday night until this morning when we went to church. There are a couple reasons - one, there were things we needed to do around the house and two, with the price of gas where it is we are combining errands and if we don't need to go out we don't.

Well, that's enough for now - I'll write more later this week.

No comments: