Monday, September 17, 2007

Busy week

Last week flew by and I didn't have time to post. Monday and Tuesday I spent catching up on housework and then studying for Bible study on Thursday. Wednesday we took Aunti Vi shopping and taking care of things she needed done. Thursday was Bible study morning and evening. Friday was Uncle Len's memorial service. Before the service, we all met at a restaurant on the Manatee River and had a lovely dinner. All of my cousins were here so there were 17 of us at dinner (Charlotte's husband was the only one not able to come). Rick came over from Sanford. Uncle Charlie and his lady friend Vida were here and of course Aunti Vi. Leonard and Ruth of course were here as were their 3 children (David, Cheryl and Karen - Karen's husband was also here). My dad and mom were the only ones not there, but dad is still gun shy about traveling with mom. It was fun to see everyone - the cousins hadn't been together since Thanksgiving 2004. Unfortunately, my cousin Leonard was feeling less than stellar and thought he was coming down with the flu. However, I just had an e-mail from Lenore and she says Leonard has had a 103 degree fever since he was here and the doctors are now testing him for Lyme disease. The memorial service was wonderful. We sang 3 of Uncle Len's favorite hymns and his pastor delivered a wonderful message.

Today was Rick's birthday. We drove over to Orlando so we could have dinner together. We went to Giordano's pizza and then over to Lake Buena Vista so the girls could get ice cream at Ghiardelli's. We got a table right by the lakeside so we were able to watch boats come and go on the "Sassagoula River" (a waterway created by Disney connecting Dixie Landings and The Marketplace). We had a good time playing with the girls and visiting with Rick and Csilla.

Tomorrow we'll be taking Aunti Vi shopping. There are some grocery specials she wants to take advantage of and the sale is up tomorrow - a slight change in our weekly routine. Wednesday is choir and Thursday is Bible study. So far, Friday is open, but I'm sure something will come and fill it up!

While we were over in Orlando, I went to a new scrapbook shop in Kissimmee - Mouse Memories. I had ordered from their website (www.mousememories.com), but I wanted to see their retail store. It is loaded with Disney stuff, but also has a wide variety of other scrapbook supplies including Sea World, cruise themed, Lego and much more. I will visit there again when we are over in that area!

While I think of it, we are going on a scrapbook cruise November 10-15. It should be fun. I'm looking forward to the scrapbooking and learning new techniques in classes but I'm also looking forward to our ports of call - Grand Cayman Island and Calica, Mexico. We've never been to either place. We're also looking forward to 2 entire days of sailing - no ports of call - just the great big blue ocean. It will be interesting to see how Carnival cruises compare to Disney cruises. We sail out of Tampa which is a huge plus. We won't need to drive far to get to the ship.

Well, I best close - it's approaching midnight and I am getting tired!

No comments: