Friday, October 16, 2009

Scrapbook Moments

Well, so much for my good intentions to blog more often. Somehow life has a way of getting in the way (also Facebook ;-) - spending more time there than here).

Bible study started September 10th. We are thoroughly enjoying Beth Moore's study on the book of Esther. We are midway through the study and the time has flown by. We'll be doing Beth's "Patriarch's" study starting in January.

My dad came down September 29th and stayed for 2 weeks, getting home this past Tuesday. While he was here, we made a trip to Disney for his birthday (he got in free because it was his birthday - we have annual passes) and also Sea World (he had purchased a pay for a day come back all year pass in January and he wanted to use it one more time - we also have annual passes).

I had an e-mail from my Uncle Don (mom's youngest brother) about a week before my dad came down. He said he was in Milton (a town near Pensacola in the panhandle of Florida) for the winter and wanted to drive down and see us. I wrote him back that my dad was coming down so his timing was perfect. Long story to say he came for 4 days the middle weekend of my dad's stay. The following weekend I hosted (at the Olive Garden) a birthday party for my aunt who turned 99 and my dad who was 94. While Uncle Don was here, we spent time at the nature preserve near us and also the DeSoto National Memorial which is also near us. Afte rthe party, our nephew, his wife and our 2 great nieces came to spend the night which made for a very full house!!!

I will do separate posts on each of the above occasions. If I tried to do it all in this post, it would make your eyes water reading it!!!

No comments: