Sunday, June 22, 2008

Update

Nothing exciting going on. We've been enjoying riding our bikes almost on a daily basis. We're trying to build up our endurance so we can do some of the rails to trails down here. We're up to 8 miles a day working on being able to bike 10 miles. We also got a new bike rack for the car so we can put the bikes up and drive to different trails around this area. Friday we drove up to Fort DeSoto and rode the bike trail there. It was beautiful - smooth and uncrowded.

The Cubs were in town to play the Tampa Bay Rays last week. It was the first time they had been to Tropicana Field. We went to the game on Tuesday. Unfortunately the Cubs lost. But we enjoyed being at the game. We had been to one other Cubs game since we moved. They played the Florida Marlins who play in Dolphins stadium in Miami.

I had my last ortho doctor's appointment on Monday. The doctor said he was blown away by my recovery and wishes all of his patients had my self motiviation and discipline. He stated it would make his job a whole lot easier. I don't have to go back until next March - the 1 year anniversary of having my knees replaced. I really hadn't realized how much arthritis had "stolen" from me. The decline in the function of my knees was so insidious that on a daily basis I didn't notice any difference. But over the long haul, I now realize how "crippled" I had become.

I'll close for now, chores are calling.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Hi, Marilyn,
Yay! The Rays won. I know it's hard for the fans from "up north" to see their teams lose.
I'm glad to see you have a blog. Why didn't you say so! And thanks for leaving a comment.
If you've never been to the historical park in Manatee, you must do so. It is filled with Manatee County history (Duh!)